EPIC® Medium Density Overlays for Concrete Forming
Arclin’s E-Gen®-designated Medium Density Overlays for concrete forming are designed to add value to panel substrates — by extending panel life and producing a consistent and quality matte surface with every pour.
The quality surface comes from MDO’s ability to mask imperfections and reduce the transfer of the wood grain onto the concrete surface. The result of using a medium density overlay is consistent color and a smooth finish that is ideal for painting or coating. The ability to reuse the MDO panels means more pours with each panel — significantly lowering labor and material costs and reducing jobsite waste.
It’s positive impact to the environment — and to the bottom line.
Features and Benefits
- More pours than BBOES
- Extends panel life by up to 10 times that of non-overlaid BB Plyform panels
- Cuts material costs by up to 64%
- Surface-enhancing properties including water resistance, chemical resistance, wear resistance, resistance to alkaline exposure
- Uniform and consistent matte finish results in reduced finishing and repair costs
- Available with FSC® chain of custody certification
- May contribute to LEED credits as part of waste reduction strategy
- For use with jobsite-built forming systems and gang forms
- Concrete forming where matte finish is desired
Certifications and Designations
- Available with FSC® chain of custody
- May contribute to LEED MR Credits 2.1 and 2.2 for waste reduction and MR Credits 3.1 and 3.2 for material reuse
- Conforms to US Product Standard PS 1-09 and Canadian Standard CSA 0121M-08
Other products in this category:
for a high gloss, architectural finish more
Also available on unbleached natural Kraft more
FSC® concrete forms for high-quality finishes more
Have a question? Email
or call us at +1.877.689.9145. Let's talk opportunity.
Frequently Asked Questions
How can using overlaid concrete forming save money?
Adding an engineered overlay to the surface of concrete forming panels reduces the cost per pour by extending the life of the panel up to five times that of non-overlaid BB Plyform panels.
How does using overlaid forms improve surface quality?
Using an overlaid form reduces the occurrence of imperfections in the concrete, like such as uneven moisture absorption and, in consistent surface color, and masks panel surface imperfections like such as knots, rough veneer and cracks in the plywood form.
What makes overlaid concrete forms more sustainable?
The durability and reusability of concrete-forming panels with Arclin MDO mean less plywood is required to complete a job, and there’s less waste to dispose of at the end of the job. Veneer from younger, plantation-grown trees can also be used in stead of older, knot-free wood, which is becoming so much harder to find and is much less renewable.